Creative England have launched the second iteration of Creative Enterprise Evolve – a unique investment-readiness programme for content makers and innovators seeking finance for business growth.
Led by Creative England in partnership with the British Film Institute and UK Business Angels Association, Creative Enterprise Evolve is for high-potential screen-based companies and technology platforms that innovate across video-games, animation and visual effects, immersive media, film and TV and technology platforms that support the screen sector. This is a competitive 6-month programme with just 20 spaces available.
What is it?
Creative Enterprise Evolve is a development and investor relations programme for content makers and innovators who’re seeking investment for business growth.
Who is it for?
Led by Creative England in partnership with the British Film Institute and UK Business Angels Association, the programme is for high-potential screen-based companies and technology platforms that innovate across video-games, visual effects and animation, immersive media and film and TV.
Perhaps you’ve not raised investment before and don’t know where to start or you’ve already in the process of raising and you need some help – the programme will help you to evaluate your business offering, define your investment goals connect you with experts and investors who can help you take your business forward.
What is involved?
The programme is designed by investors and delivered over a period of 3 to 6 months through a sequence of one-to-one sessions, combined peer-to-peer group meetings and pitching platforms to prepare you for your investment round and facilitate investor introductions.
Successful applicants will join a cohort of 20 creative company founders to complete a 4-stage pathway;
- Diagnostic – a review of your business, commercial model, and investment proposition
- Define – set your investment goals and refine growth plan
- Propose – build your investment strategy and investor pack
- Connect –soft introductions to investors and pitch presentation showcase
To be eligible to apply you must;
- be seeking private investment to grow your business
- be able to demonstrate growth potential
- have a draft business plan of how you intend to grow using investment
- have a founding team with a strong track record in the industry
- have identifiable customers and a proven business model
- employ a minimum of three full-time people within the business
- promote the use of storytelling and creativity with your content
- be a screen-based company or technology platform that operate across videogames, visual effects and animation, immersive media and film and TV
- be registered in the UK, preferably within the English regions, outside London
Applications close Monday 24th August 2020 for the programme to start in September 2020.
Apply via the information page here.
For more industry information, visit our news page.