The Television Skills Fund is offering bursaries of up to £1000 to go towards training costs for diverse workers in the UK screen industries. This training should be in the area of Non-scripted TV.
ScreenSkills and its Television Skills Fund partners are committed to improving diversity and inclusion within the industry’s workforce and know that people with a disability, those from a lower socio-economic background, people from BAME* (black, Asian and minority ethnic) backgrounds and women (depending on job role) are under-represented across non-scripted genres within the TV industry. Therefore, all applicants to the Television Skills Fund Diversity Bursary for Non-Scripted TV must be from one or more of these groups.
Applicants can be:
- new entrants (those training to achieve their first job in non-scripted TV, or currently in their first job)
- those already working in the industry looking to move up to a more senior role or move across/up in a different genre (NB: if you are looking to move from non-scripted to scripted genres you will not be eligible to apply, please go to the HETV information)
- those with industry experience looking to re-enter the workforce after a prolonged career break due to carer responsibilities, disability or illness
- those with transferable skills and experience from another industry looking to work in non-scripted TV
You cannot apply if you:
- are in full time education
- are employed on a permanent contract
- do not have a permanent UK address
- are applying on behalf of an organisation
- have already received bursary funding from the Television Skills Fund in the last 12 months
Apply for Diversity Bursary for Non-Scripted TV
The first page of the online application is an eligibility test which you must comply with in order to proceed. Please carefully read the TV Diversity Bursary Guidelines (PDF) to check your eligibility before you apply.
Before filling in the form, make sure you have the following information available:
- the name of your chosen training course(s)
- the name and address of the training provider
- the cost of the training and any additional travel, accommodation and childcare costs
- the dates of your training
- your CV ready to upload
- copy of your acceptance on the course and confirmation of the course costs ready to upload (i.e. a company headed letter or email from the training provider)
- link to the course outline or a copy you can upload
- a completed Inclusivity Monitoring Form (pdf)
To apply for the Diversity Bursary for Non-Scripted TV, follow this link.