ScreenSkills are providing bursaries for colourists working or hoping to work in the High-end TV industry. Bursaries are valued up to £800 for DaVinci Resolve training provided by Soho Editors. This bursary is available to those accepted on the Soho Editors’ Advanced DaVinci Resolve 15 Studio Course. The bursaries for colourists helps them to hone their mastery of the software, and to take their grading skills to the next level.
You can apply:
- If you can demonstrate proven professional experience of working regularly in the UK screen industries. Dailies work is acceptable if it is on broadcast material and you have more than three credits. Trainee experience does not count. Work undertaken at film school or in education is also not considered suitable experience;
- Once you have been accepted on the training course(s) you want to attend;
- If the training you are applying for will benefit your career to progress within the High-end TV industry;
You cannot apply if you:
- Are in full-time education
- Are employed on a permanent contract
- Do not have a permanent UK address
- Are applying on behalf of an organisation
The deadline for applications is 31 March 2019. But, these funds are in high demand and will close when all of the funds have been allocated, which may be before this date. You may only apply for up to £800 of funding per financial year. The training course must start at least one day after your application is made – we cannot accept applications for training which has already begun.
Bursaries for Colourists: How to apply
The first page of the application is an eligibility test. If you are successful, you will be directed to the online form. This takes you through the application step by step and should not take more than 30 minutes to complete. Before you start filling in the form, make sure you have the following information available:
- The cost of any additional travel, accommodation and childcare costs
- The dates of your training
- Your CV ready to upload
- Copy of your acceptance on the Soho Editors course and confirmation of the course costs ready to upload (either a company headed letter or email from the training provider)
Once you have completed the application form and attached your supporting documents you must press the ‘submit’ icon. Until you do this, your application has not been submitted to ScreenSkills to be assessed. You will automatically be sent a receipt of application email with a tracking number. If you do not receive this, please check your junk mailbox and if it is not there contact ScreenSkills immediately.
Bursaries for Colourists: Judging
It can take up to four weeks for us to reach a decision on your application. If you decide to go on your course before you receive a decision, ScreenSkills does not accept responsibility for funding your attendance. Wherever possible, please try to allow four weeks between making your application to ScreenSkills and your course starting.
If your application is unsuccessful ScreenSkills will notify you by email. Please address any queries to: email@example.com or call +44 (0)20 7713 9800.
For more industry opportunities, visit our news page.