High-end TV Leaders of Tomorrow 2023
The ScreenSkills High-end TV Leaders of Tomorrow programme is a three-year programme focused on providing comprehensive support to mid-level professionals working in high-end TV (HETV).
It is designed to give them the tools to progress to head of department, above the line, or other senior decision-making leadership roles in the future.
Who it’s for
Screenskills are seeking mid-level freelancers who are looking to commit long term. The programme will actively support individuals to move towards career progression goals of reaching head of department or leadership roles at a future stage beyond the life of the programme. The programme’s ambition is to support individuals who are spotted and recommended for the programme by senior peers.
Please note individuals can only apply for High-end TV Leaders of Tomorrow after being put forward by a nominator. The nominator must be working at a senior level within high-end TV. This will need to be evidenced in your application.
Please note Screenskills are not supporting candidates wanting to step up to producer level. If this is what you are looking for, find out about their co-producer placement programme.
What it covers
This programme will provide mid-level freelancers across three years with:
- A mentor or champion.
- Access to a high-end TV professionals pool, made up of industry experts, for tailored one-to-one support, advice and expertise.
- Up to three part-funded placements per year for up to three years.
- Targeted grade and skills specific bespoke training.
- Funding towards relevant equipment or software.
- A range of coaching, leadership and management training sessions.
- PR exposure, industry networking opportunities and introductions.
- Applications open – Thursday 6th July 2023.
- Applications close – Sunday 13th August 2023.
- All candidates who will be invited to attend an interview will be notified by 30 September 2023.
- All candidates will be notified of the success of their application by 15 November 2023.
How to apply
You will need to have a ScreenSkills account to apply for High-end TV Leaders of Tomorrow. If you do not already have an account, follow this link to register.
To apply for the High-end TV Leaders of Tomorrow programme, click on the ‘apply now‘ button.
If you require an alternative format for the application please contact Screenskills as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Individuals must be a freelancer and not in permanent employment (HETV unscripted professionals on fixed-term contracts are welcome).
- Candidates must currently be in a mid-level role and able to evidence at least two high-end TV credits in this role.
- Candidates must provide contact details (email address and phone) of the nominator who has agreed to nominate you to apply for the programme so that Screenskills can contact them.
- The individual must have a long term focus to step up to a senior, decision making role.
- Applicants will be required to outline their career path and expectations in their application.
- If shortlisted, candidates must provide one other reference, in addition to the person who nominated them.
- Screenskills particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups, because they are committed to creating a more inclusive and diverse workforce as well as individuals based across the UK.
ScreenSkills is committed to diversity and equality of opportunity in all aspects of its work.
- Live in the UK and have evidence of the right to work in the UK.
- Make themselves available for placements offered to them during their time on the programme.
- Be open and flexible to consider opportunities across the UK.
- Make themselves available for press and PR opportunities across the three years if successfully offered a place on the programme.
The High-end TV Leaders of Tomorrow team will shortlist applicants based on their nomination, application, ScreenSkills profile and CV.
Successful applicants will be invited to take part in an interview, likely over Zoom or on the phone, with members of the HETV Leaders of Tomorrow team and a relevant industry professional.
If unsuccessful in getting to interview stage, please note that due to the volume of applications Screenskills receive, they will be unable to provide individual feedback.
Due to the high demand for places on Leaders of Tomorrow, Screenskills reserve the right to take into account the previous support you have received from the High-end TV Skills Fund as they wish to ensure their funding supports as many mid-level crew as possible.
ScreenSkills is an equal opportunities training provider. All applicants are judged solely on their ability to do the placement for which they are applying. However, where applicants are equally qualified, in order to address under-representation in the industry, Screenskills may consider a protected characteristic to determine who should be appointed. Screenskills consider that this positive action would be a proportionate means of achieving their legitimate aim, namely to improve diversity in the industry, and is compliant with the Equality Act 2010.
In order that Screenskills can comply with their reporting obligations, that they can appropriately monitor their data, and to inform their recruitment decisions in relation to positive action (described above), you are requested to provide this information on your ScreenSkills profile, which will be treated in the strictest confidence. Screenskills will ask for explicit consent of this on the application.