What are the benefits?
- Invaluable pitching training and mentoring
- Workshops + masterclasses from industry experts
- One-to-one meetings with digital platforms
- Connect with doc filmmakers from all over the world
- Filmmakers of short documentaries with new and original narratives.
- Open to applications from all over world, with documentary projects up to 30 mins.
- Special interest in stories that have a social, political or cultural narrative, take a solutions journalism approach or give us a new perspective on the changes we want to see in the world.
How does it work?
- The annual call for applications is open to all.
- Selection is based on the filmmaker’s proven ability and the strength of the story, characters and footage provided.
- 12 selected applicants participate in a 4 week intensive online training programme and one-to-one pitch meetings.
- Applications to GSDF 2020 are free.
Global Short Docs Forum 2019
For the second edition of the Global Short Docs Forum, 16 short doc filmmakers, 7 digital platforms and a whole host of industry experts gathered at Docudays UA in Kyiv, Ukraine. The 4-day workshop was an incredible whirlwind of masterclasses, storytelling, collaborating and pitching. Find out more about GSDF 2019