POST: Production Assistant Intern (12 Months Full Time)
ROLE: 1 Year Student Internship for University Students Studying Video / TV / Film. You must be about to start your 2nd year of University as this internship must form part of your studies. If you are in any other year of study, have completed your course or have already graduated then unfortunately we can’t offer you the position.
LOCATION: Based in Birmingham (UK), but you will be expected to travel throughout the UK – and occasionally internationally – when required.
DURATION: 12 months, full time (circa end of August 2020 to end of August 2021)
STANDARD HOURS: Monday–Friday 0900-1700 although you will be expected to work outside these hours, at weekends and bank holidays as and when production and filming schedules require.
SUBSIDY PAY: £750 per month student internship subsidy
HOLIDAY ENTITLEMENT: 20 days paid leave, plus statutory Bank Holidays
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday 19th July 2020 (11pm)
INTERVIEWS FOR SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES: Week commencing 24th July 2020 (via Video Call)
PROPOSED START DATE: End of August 2020 (TBC) – *some initial pandemic remote working may be required
As a Production Assistant and junior member of the Slinky team, you will have a great positive ‘can-do’ attitude and work ethic. You will be self-motivated, extremely organised and committed to your role in the close team. You will assist in a large range of production and business tasks, both in the office and filming on location.
Slinky produces a huge range of productions; from corporate and commercial promos, through to live event and conference videos, TV commercials, training films and animations. You will be comfortable in adapting and contributing to these styles and work well under pressure when required.
Some of the roles you will be involved with across the year include:
- Assisting production planning and pre-production: including research, travel logistics, scheduling and call sheet drafting.
- General assistance of crew, contributors and clients on shoots
- Driving duties to/from shoot (if driving license available)
- Shot logging
- Manning the B-camera when appropriate
- Assisting with and working alongside the Post-Production and animation department
- Assisting in Quality Control checks
- Lots of other production duty opportunities to nurture and grow your skill set – including filming and post production opportunities.
OFFICE / COMPANY DUTIES
- Answering phones and taking messages
- Equipment prep and pick-ups
- Office housekeeping and systems
- Assisting with general marketing and business development duties
- Client hospitality and coffee runs
- Confident English writing and typing skills
- Comfortable with office applications such as Excel and Google Docs
- Excellent communicator
- Highly organised
DESIRABLE (BUT NOT ESSENTIAL)
- Experience with Adobe CC
- Driving license
- Likes Back To The Future
Applications for this position will only be accepted from 2nd YEAR Video/TV/Film University Students. You must be about to start your 2nd year of University as this internship must form part of your studies. If you are in any other year of study, have completed your course or have already graduated then unfortunately you aren’t eligible.
All applications must be made through the online application form on their website. When you submit your application, you will automatically be emailed a copy of your application for your own reference. Strictly no phone calls to the production office please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
ABOUT SLINKY PRODUCTIONS
Slinky Productions is a small-but-mighty busy video production company with large ambitions. They produce a wide variety of content working to very high standard with premium client service. Their roster of clients include Jaguar Land Rover, Autodesk, the NHS, L’Oréal, The PGA, West Bromwich Albion FC, Chiquito and Frankie & Benny’s – as well as many other small and huge interesting clients you’ve probably never heard of!