New Shoots is Shooting People’s film competition which aims to support filmmakers wanting to take the next step in their career. Win £1,000 in film funding, industry mentorship, filmmaking equipment, prizes and a public screening of your short in London. Shooting People members can submit to any round. Entry is free. Not a member? Join the community now at 50% off (offer ends 31 October).
There will be four rounds to the competition in 2019 with entries open in January, April, July and October. Each round winner gets mentorship and prizes. An overall winner will be announced at our awards ceremony in December and will receive an additional £1,000 of funding to go towards their next film production.
Apply to New Shoots:
- Submission periods for each round open through January 1st – 31st; April 1st – 30th; July 1st – 31st; October 1st – 31st
- One month after submissions close, three shortlisted films will be announced
- Then, these three films will be sent to a filmmaking patron who will select the winning film
- Each round winner will be screened at a New Shoots live event
- The overall winner will be announced at our awards ceremony at the end of the year
Submissions Open: Oct 1st – 31st
For more information and to apply, click here.
New Shoots Prizes:
Awards include industry mentorship from:
- BFI NETWORK
- Channel 4/Random Acts
- Oscar Winning Producer Simon Chinn
- Andee Ryder/Misfits Entertainment
Additional prizes are also available:
- Zoom H4N Audio Recorder
- Sennheiser XS Wireless Digital System, Lavalier Set (including ME2 clip-on lavalier mic + portable wireless system)
- Sennheiser Shotgun Microphone MKE600
- Final Draft 11 Screenwriting Software
- A years subscription to MUBI
- A years additional membership to SP
- A screening of your film at Shooting People’s New Shoots event, RichMix London.
Chloe White (An All Encompassing Light): “I was absolutely thrilled to be Shooting People’s winner. It’s been fantastic having my film screened in front a large audience (and making some great contacts through that), and then having some wonderful mentoring from top documentary producer Simon Chinn and production company Wildgaze. As a result of the mentoring, it’s helped me to rethink my feature and restructure my trailer. The kit was fantastic to receive and the cash is a HUGE bonus. As an independent filmmaker it’s so wonderful to have this kind of support and exposure. I’ve been a member of Shooting People since I began my career and through it, I’ve made really good friends, have taken advantage of the great discounts and heard about so many events and funding opportunities that have led to great things. Thank you!”
For more industry information, visit our news page.