Want to get the low down about working behind-the-camera in the screen industry? Open Doors aims to give you insight into what jobs are out there and help you build connections with industry professionals.
What’s It About?
This event is for people eager to get their foot in the door and interested to hear about different careers open to them in Film, TV, Animation, VFX and Games. You’ll get the opportunity to:
- Connect with industry professionals
- Hear their advice and insights about getting started in the industry
- Network with like-minded people
Join us at the Grand Hall in St Martins House where you’ll meet industry professionals working in the Screen Industry in round tables of 10, followed by an open networking session. They will also be pizza on the night. To have a look at previous Open Doors event search #OpenDoorsCareers on Twitter.
Who Will Be There?
Industry professionals joining us on the night are:
- Alison Grade, CEO at Screen Central
- Lauren Parker, Producer at Kato Pictures
- Sophie Black, Founder of Triskelle Pictures
- Bipin Anand, Cinematographer & Company Director at Image Nova
- Rochelle Laurencin, Careers coordinator at ScreenSkills
More speakers to be announced in the coming weeks.
Chat to the ScreenSkills team about Trainee Finder, a scheme that places new talent on paid traineeships with UK films and TV shows like Wonder Woman, Game of Thrones and Peaky Blinders, and get inside advice before applications open in November. Find out about regional boot camps & CV clinics and how they can help launch careers in screen.
This ScreenSkills event will take place October 17th at the Grand Hall in St Martins House. Leicester, between 6pm and 8pm. Admission is free. Age: 18+. Click here for more information and to register. If you have any questions email Vicky on Vicky.Jepson@screenskills.com.
For more industry information, visit our news page.