Cinema For All – Glow
Ready to explore new ways to develop community cinema? Want to top up your skills and feel empowered in all aspects of running your screenings? Applications for our BFI supported coaching programme, Glow, are open!
Whether you have been screening films in your community for many years, or are just thinking about setting up, Cinema For All can support you along every step of your journey. They offer much of their advice and support for free, as well as providing a huge range of additional services and benefits for their members.
What will you receive with Glow?
Glow is here to help your community cinema shine by taking your knowledge and ambition further. You will receive:
- a £200 bursary to help you towards your next step.
- 2 x 90 minute online coaching sessions on topics of your choosing (see menu below) to support you with your ambitions.
- 1 x 90 minute online fundraising workshop with your fellow Glow cohort.
Coaching workshops available:
- Developing your marketing – building a strategy that suits you, strengthening your message and marketing planning.
- Curating your film programme – audience research, honing your vision and opportunities.
- More Accessible – ideas and information on accessibility of screenings and spaces to welcome more audiences.
- Organisational strength – looking after and building on the longevity of your cinema on the inner aspect e.g. volunteers, venue and evaluation.
- Outdoor screenings – tips and advice on running an outdoor screening.
- Reaching out to your wider your community – advice and planning to support you on your outreach project.
- Special events – tips, advice and ideas on creating memorable screenings with additional activity.
- Venue and equipment – refresh your skills or train a team member in screening equipment, how it works and making your screenings cinematic.
As the coaching takes place online, you and any of your team can all attend together and sessions can be spaced out over three months. Each workshop comes with a PowerPoint that you will work through with your coach and you will receive a copy of this so you can return to it at your convenience, along with useful resources.
How to apply
To be eligible to take part in Glow, your community cinema must have been running at least 12 months.
Apply now by completing the short application form or by submitting an audio or video recording answering the questions in the form.
If you have any access requirements and would prefer to apply another way, please contact email@example.com
Cinema For All values diversity and they encourage applications from people of African or Caribbean heritage, people of South, East and South East Asian heritage, people who experience racism, LGBTQI+ people and people with disabilities.
Some of these dates may be subject to change.
- Applications open on 14 August 2023.
- Deadline for applications is midnight on 29 September 2023.
- Coaching takes place between October – December 2023.