Immediate support to help manage urgent financial needs
The Film & TV Charity’s Stop Gap Grants can provide you with immediate support to help manage urgent financial needs.
If you’re facing financial barriers that are holding you back, we’re here to support you. If you work behind the scenes in film, TV or cinema, then you may be eligible to apply for a Stop Gap Grant. Our one-off stop gap grants of up to £750 could help with unexpected costs or allow you to access a career opportunity when lack of financial capital is holding you back.
To be eligible to apply you must:
- Work in a behind-the-scenes role in film or television in the UK
- Be involved in creating or distributing entertainment that is shown in cinemas, broadcast on UK TV channels or on-demand services, or streamed on pay-to-view digital platforms.
How long do you need to have been working in the industry?
You will have had at least 40 days of paid work in the last 18 months or have worked at least two years in film and TV and are seeking funding to return to work after a career break.
Support for cinema workers:
We provide limited support to front-of-house cinema workers, including free access to our Support Line and online resources, but are only able to provide financial support including our stop-gap grants to individuals from back office or technical teams that have worked full-time in the cinema trade for at least 18 months in the last two years.
Please read our full eligibility criteria and guidance to find out more before completing your application below.
Stop Gap Grant Application Form:
Thank you for your interest in the Stop Gap Grant, a one-off grant of up to £750 to meet urgent need or enable you to access a career opportunity when lack of financial capital is holding you back. Our awards will be prioritised to those who are experiencing the greatest need and have the least financial resilience.
The form consists of the following sections:
- Our eligibility checklist
- Your personal details
- Your professional experience
- Your current financial situation and needs, including a budget form
- Your agreement and declaration
To apply for the grant, you will need three pieces of evidence:
- At least one online profile from either BFI, IMDb, Screenskills, Mandy or Talent Manager. If you don’t have any of these then we can consider, at our discretion LinkedIn or similar. Vimeo or YouTube is not preferred as a source of evidence
- Documentation such as three payslips, P45 or P60 invoice, or at least three remittance advice or contracts
- Current CV including details of your last three jobs
- You will also need to provide a professional referee
You will also need access to:
- Basic details of your work history
- Basic details of your current finances (including any income, expenditure, debts, and savings)
If you require support to complete this form or have any questions, please contact the Grants Team at firstname.lastname@example.org