Birmingham based company Corey Baker Dance, run by award-winning choreographer/
Corey Baker Dance has an international reputation for creating a diverse array of work across film, TV, theatre, using unusual locations and reaching non-traditional theatre audiences. His first film Antarctica: The First Dance, was filmed on the icy continent celebrating Antarctica while we still have it. The film was commissioned by The Space and Channel 4 Random Acts and featured Royal New Zealand Ballet principal dancer Madeleine Graham. Lying Together, the companion film for Spaghetti Junction, featuring Hong Kong Ballet was filmed on rooftops and urban green spaces of Hong Kong and also shares a message around climate change. Lying Together will be released later this year.
Set to music by acclaimed band FKJ, Spaghetti Junction was created in partnership with Birmingham Royal Ballet and Hong Kong Ballet, and funded by Arts Council England, Birmingham Hippodrome, West Midlands Growth Company and Southside BID.
You can watch Spaghetti Junction here.
About Spaghetti Junction
Spaghetti Junction full credit list:
- Director/ Choreographer: Corey Baker
- Producers: Corey Baker and Anne Beresford
- Dancers: Gus Payne, Haoliang Feng from Birmingham Royal Ballet and Forrest Rain Oliveros from Hong Kong Ballet
- Music: FKJ, Lying Together (Interlude)
- DOP: Robert Beck
- Editor: Dani Jacobs
- Partners: Birmingham Royal Ballet, Hong Kong Ballet
- Funders: Arts Council England, West Midlands Growth Company, Birmingham Hippodrome, Southside BID
- Supporters: The Space, Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre, Film Birmingham, Julie’s Bicycle
- Production company: Corey Baker Dance Ltd.
For more industry information, visit our news page.