Your Flatpack Short Film could earn you £1000 as part of the Flatpack Film Festival. Flatpack is a festival which takes over venues across Birmingham every spring. It draws people from far and wide with a mixture of films, performances, contraptions and surprises. This year’s festival will run from 30 April – 6 May 2019 and the deadline for submissions is approaching.
The Flatpack short film strand currently has 6 coveted awards up for grabs:
- the Short Film Award: recognises the most outstanding piece of work across all genres. Selected by the short film jury;
- the WTF Award: hails the film which is the most innovative and extraordinary. It recognises vision, boldness, and originality. Selected by the short film jury;
- the Audience Award: the crowd’s favourite;
- the Colour Box Award: celebrating the best short in our family programme awarded by the Colour Box jury;
- the Colour Box Audience Award: the kids’ favourite;
- the Optical Sound Short Film Award: awarded to the best audio related short film.
The film selected by the Flatpack short film jury as the winner of the Short Film Award will receive £1,000. All successful submissions will be included in the programme at Flatpack no.13.
Flatpack Short Film Guidelines
Submissions should be:
- Films under 20 minutes long;
- Completed since January 2017;
- fully cleared, including any music rights.
Flatpack screens all types and genres of film but you can see the previous winners from the last three festivals here: 2018, 2017, 2016. If you’d like to submit, please complete the form via the link below. You will be redirected to Paypal to make the £12 submission payment. Please note that any submissions received without the £12 fee will not be considered.
The deadline for Flatpack short film submissions is 11:59pm, Sunday 20 January 2019. Submit via the Flatpack website here.
Find out more about the festival and other submissions here – https://flatpackfestival.org.uk/flatpack-festival/.
See more industry events and opportunities on our news page.