Want to know more about blogging or podcasting? Fancy writing comedy for Facebook? Want to make the most out of your mobile films? This day of FREE training from the BBC Academy on September 24 at the Bond Company, Fazeley Street is for both experienced professionals wanting to brush up on their digital skills and new entrants to digital production.
Get involved with the exciting range of free talks, workshops and creative sessions, each exploring the latest in digital content and how to tell fantastic multi-platform stories. The workshops are suitable for both experienced professionals wanting to brush-up on their digital skills and new entrants to the business.
Sessions on the day explore:
- BBC Writers Room: Short-Form Storytelling – Invaluable tips on short form storytelling and writing compelling short drama or comedy for social media
- BBC Academy: APPSolutely Amazing Content – Get hands-on with the latest apps that can enhance your content with animated text and graphics for a professional finish
- Google Garage: Build a Digital Marketing Plan – Learn how to create a bespoke digital marketing plan for your business
- BBC Academy: Filming and Editing on your phone – Learn basic principles of how to use your smartphone to create broadcast quality sound and video
- Google Garage: Intro to Digital Advertising – This session is designed to help small business owners or aspiring digital marketers understand how to use Search, Social and Display advertising using a simple, straightforward approach
- Amrit Singh: How to build a Brand using Social Media – Join Livestreaming influencer and artist Amrit Singh, as he gives you the inside story about building a brand using Twitter, Livestreaming, Facebook and Instagram
- Mark Steadman: Murder in Podcastville – Join Podcaster Mark Steadman founder of Birmingham Podcasting Festival on this journey and find how to create your own podcast
- Ting @ The Ting Thing: Blogging Workshop – Join beauty, fashion and lifestyle blogger Ting from the TingThing and start your blogging journey
- Google Garage: Writing for Social Media – In this session you’ll learn how to create content with confidence, across key social platforms while learning how to define your brand and tone of voice
A ticket gives you access to the day. You are asked to choose your sessions in the morning and afternoon via the order form when you book (sessions that are struck out are fully booked). To book your Digital Skills Day on Monday 24 September, click here.