PGGB Introduction to Production Manager Programme
The Production Guild of Great Britain are thrilled to open applications for the Introduction to Production Manager (scripted) Programme, supported by Entertainment Partners.
The course will commence on Monday 18th September 2023, and runs across five consecutive days, finishing Friday 22nd September 2023, in Cardiff, Wales. These dates are fixed so please only apply if you are able to commit to the full five days training.
This programme will support those transitioning to Production Managers and enable them to gain the necessary skills and knowledge to step up. It will also aid new production managers to increase their confidence and broaden their knowledge, filling any skills gaps that may have become apparent as they have stepped up. This training programme will build upon existing knowledge with newly acquired skills, taught by established production managers and production experts with specialist knowledge.
During this training participants will:
- gain clear insight and understanding of the role and responsibilities of the Production Manager
- be trained and guided by experienced and established production managers and experts
- benefit from mentorship and guidance from both trainers, the PGGB and their peers
This training scheme will build upon existing knowledge with newly acquired skills, and will cover:
- Key responsibilities of a production manager:
- Organising the production office
- Post Production
- Interviews, recruitment and inclusivity
- Safeguarding, discrimination, harassment & bullying
- Leadership & Management
- Entertainment Partners software including Movie Magic Budgeting, Movie Magic Scheduling and Production Portal
- Application deadline – 9am Monday 4th September 2023.
- Course dates – Monday 18th – Friday 22nd September 2023, each day will be from 09.30am to 17:00hrs.
This course will be held in person in Cardiff, Wales.
Who is the course aimed at?
This five-day course is designed for Junior Production Managers looking to grow their confidence and efficiency, and Production Coordinators who wish to progress their careers to the next level and aims to support their transition to Production Manager with assurance.
This course is recommended for Junior Production Managers who have held this position on at least two credits or Production Coordinators who have held at least three credits, who are ready to step up into the role of Production Manager.
How to apply
By application form only – Complete the short form at the bottom of the web page for access to the application pack.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 9am Monday 4th September 2023.