Slinky Productions is hiring a Production Assistant Intern for a period of 12 Months Full-Time. This 1 year student internship placement is for University students studying Video/TV/Film. The Internship must form part of your course and be permitted by your University. If you have completed your course or have already graduated then unfortunately you cannot fill the position.
LOCATION: Based in Birmingham (UK), but you will be expected to travel throughout the UK – and occasionally internationally – when required.
DURATION: 12 months, full time (circa mid August 2022 to mid August 2023)
STANDARD HOURS: Monday–Friday 09:00-17:00 although you will be expected to work outside these hours, at weekends and bank holidays as and when production and filming schedules require.
SUBSIDY PAY: £750 per month student internship subsidy
HOLIDAY ENTITLEMENT: 20 days paid leave, plus statutory Bank Holidays
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Thursday 7th July 2022 (11pm)
INTERVIEWS FOR SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES: Week commencing 18th July 2022
PROPOSED START DATE: Mid August 2022 (TBC)
As a Slinky Productions Production Assistant and junior member of the Slinky team, you will have a great positive ‘can-do’ attitude and work ethic. You should be self-motivated, extremely organised and committed to your role in their close team. You will assist in a large range of production and business tasks, both in the office and filming on location.
The company produces a huge range of productions here at Slinky; from corporate and commercial promos, through to live event and conference videos, TV commercials, training films and animations. You will be comfortable in adapting and contributing to these styles and work well under pressure when required. To see the team in action, take a look at some of our Behind The Scenes videos here.
Some of the roles you will be involved with across the year include:
- Assisting production planning and pre-production: including research, travel logistics, scheduling and call sheet drafting.
- General assistance of crew, contributors and clients on shoots
- Driving duties to/from shoot (if driving license available)
- Shot logging
- Manning the B-camera when appropriate
- Assisting with and working alongside the post-production and animation department
- Assisting in Quality Control checks
- Lots of other production duty opportunities to nurture and grow your skill set – including filming and post production opportunities.
OFFICE / COMPANY DUTIES
- Equipment prep and pick-ups
- Office housekeeping and systems
- Assisting with general marketing and business development duties
- Client hospitality and coffee runs
- Confident English writing and typing skills
- Comfortable with office applications such as Excel and Google Docs
- Excellent communicator
- Highly organised
DESIRABLE (BUT NOT ESSENTIAL)
- Experience with Adobe CC
- Driving license
- Likes Back To The Future
This position is only open to Video / TV / Film University Students. The Internship must form part of your course and have the permission of by your University. You are not eligible if you have completed your course, or have already graduated by then.
All applications must be made through the online application form here. Deadline Thursday 7th July 2022 (11pm). When you submit your application, you will automatically receive a copy via email, for your own reference. Strictly no phone calls to the production office please. Slinky Productions will only contact short-listed candidates.
ABOUT SLINKY PRODUCTIONS
Slinky Productions are a small-but-mighty busy video production company with large ambitions. They produce a wide variety of content working to very high standard with premium client service. Their roster of clients include Jaguar Land Rover, Autodesk, the NHS, L’Oréal, The PGA, West Bromwich Albion FC, Houses Of Parliament and Frankie & Benny’s – as well as many other small and huge interesting clients you’ve probably never heard of!