The Bigger Picture has published a summary of guidance for film exhibitors and venues in the wake of the coronavirus outbreak. Read it below:
The UK Cinema Association has issued the following statement on the current situation with regard to the outbreak of Coronavirus/COVID-19:
‘Mindful of the latest scientific advice from the Government, the coming days will see the closure of most UK cinema sites.
The priority now is to ensure that the thousands who work in the sector, many of them young people, are helped during what will be an exceptionally challenging period for them, and that cinema venues across the country are supported to overcome what for many will represent an unprecedented challenge to their existence.’
The Association’s priority at the moment is ensuring that the support above is put in place. It will be making no further statement at this time.
Here are some resources that venues and exhibitors might find useful in this ever-changing situation:
18th March 2020
- Statement from Adrian Wootton OBE, Chief Executive, Film London and the British Film Commission
- UK Film Exhibitors/Freelancers Facebook group
17th March 2020
- BFI response to COVID-19
- Statement from Ben Roberts, BFI Chief Executive
- UK Government Response (including information for businesses and educational settings)
- Latest NHS Coronavirus COVID-19 Health Information and Advice
- Petition to the British Government to offer economic assistance to the events industry during COVID-19
- COVID-19 advice for BECTU union members
- Film and TV Charity Helpline (Support for people in the film and tv industry)
- Arts Council advice on COVID-19
- Cinema For All coronavirus advice for community cinemas
- Unlimited: Access: Best practice for employers and employees for supporting staff with autoimmune conditions
- Coronavirus advice to Equity Members
- HMRC Tax helpline to support businesses affected by coronavirus
For more industry information, visit our news page.