You are invited to submit programmes or other content which were, or will be broadcast and/or published between 1st July 2018 and 30th June 2019 for consideration for the Midlands Centre Awards for 2019. The Awards will be presented at a prestigious red carpet event on the evening of the 29th November 2019 at the ICC in Birmingham.
Film Birmingham has sponsored the award for Single Television Drama or Drama Series. See all other award categories here.
Entry Information for All Categories. Please read all information carefully.
- Programmes or content must have been produced, published, commissioned or creatively controlled by a Midlands based company or must be at least principally shot in the Midlands (55%) and/or principally produced in the Midlands.
- Midlands Region for the purposes of these Awards includes: Derbyshire, Gloucestershire, Herefordshire, Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire, West Midlands and Worcestershire.
- RTS Midlands strongly encourages diversity, in all its forms, across all categories.
- The entry must have been first broadcast, released or published on a media platform between 1/7/18 and 30/6/19
- You may enter your work whether or not you are a member of the RTS.
- All entries must be submitted online by following this link: https://awardsentry.rts.org.uk/entrant
- You will need to register as a user in order to submit your entries.
- Once you have registered you will need to Create Entry. In this section you can upload any relevant documentation that you would like the judges to consider.
- To upload your video go to the Video Management tab
- Please ensure when submitting your entry online that you complete all of the relevant boxes for each entry.
- Please attached any supporting documentation that you would like the judges to consider to the submission when prompted
- When submitting your entry make sure you choose to create your entry for RTS MIDLANDS AWARDS as other centres awards will also be listed here.
- Please ensure all spellings as correct at the time of entry as we will copy and paste our information from the information submitted onto the system by you.
- A 20 second clip of each entry must be submitted along with your entries (not instead of your entry). If your entry is nominated, this clip will be used as part of the presentation at the awards dinner, so please ensure it showcases your entry effectively.
- If you are entering the same piece of work into more than one category, please ensure you submit a different 20 second clip for each entry.
- Please ensure you submit your 20 second clip via the Video Management option and clearly mark it as “20 second clip for <<entry title and category entered>>”.
- Please submit this as well as your entries and not instead of the full item.
- 20 second clip requirements:
- 20 second clip with fade from black and fade out to black
- No clocks
- File type MP4 only
- Specify exactly which entry it is for including name of entrant and category
- The onscreen caption for your entry clip (title, production company, where it was broadcast, any other relevant information)
- Please ensure you include the twitter handles you would like used for any social media activity
- There is an entry fee of £50 plus VAT per category.
- If a programme is entered in one or more categories, a payment is required for each category entered.
- ENTRIES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED UNLESS FULL PAYMENT HAS BEEN MADE BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES
- The closing date for entries is Friday 12th July 2019. Entries received after this date will not be considered.
- The online submission system will be open for you to submit entries from 9am on Tuesday 7th May 2019.
- Each category will be judged by a panel of independent Judges.
- Judging will take place during August and early September 2019.
- The Judges reserve the right to move submissions to more appropriate categories if necessary.
- Details of judges will be given in the Awards Ceremony Programme.
- If you would like details of the judging process please email RTSMidlands@rts.org.uk.
Nominees and Winners
- Nominees will be announced on Tuesday 24th September 2019.
- You will be advised by email if you have been nominated.
- A full list of nominees will be posted on our website.
- Winners will be announced at the Awards Ceremony which will be held on 29th November. Full details of this event and how to buy tickets will be released on Tuesday 24th September.
- The invite to enter the Student Awards plus all category and criteria information will be issued by RTS Head Office in Summer 2019.
- Student Awards will be presented at a separate ceremony.
- Student Awards are open to anyone over the age of 16 in full-time education.
- Do not submit entries to the Student Awards via the link above.
- For all enquiries relating to the Awards criteria or the judging process please contact Jayne Greene either by phoning 07792 776585 or emailing RTSMidlands@rts.org.uk
- For any technical support relating to the submission process please contact Jamie O’Neill at RTS Head Office 020 7822 2810 or by emailing JO’Neill@rts.org