National Lottery Cinema Day 2019 – Register Your Venue

By June 20, 2019Uncategorized

Following a successful trial last year and to celebrate the National Lottery’s support for film, on Sunday 25th August, National Lottery Cinema Day will be returning bigger and better!

National Lottery Cinema Day is an event from Camelot and the BFI where Lotto players can claim a free cinema ticket (at participating venues). Lotto players will be able to book their tickets in advance via an NLCD website run by ShowFilmFirst. Camelot will then reimburse venues for the free tickets (up to an agreed maximum value).

This year will expand to include a national multiplex chain alongside Film Audience Network (FAN) members across the UK. If you are not a FAN member (or are not sure), please contact your local Film Hub to find out about becoming a member and the other benefits being a FAN member brings.

As well as being able to offer audiences free tickets, there will be hundreds of venues taking part all across the UK, supported by a national press and media campaign. It could be a great opportunity for participating venues and exhibitors to raise their profile, reach new audiences and encourage back infrequent attenders.

For enquiries, contact cinemaday@independentcinemaoffice.org.uk

 

How can venues take part?

This year will expand to include a national multiplex chain alongside Film Audience Network (FAN) members across the UK. If you are not a FAN member (or are not sure), please contact
your local Film Hub to find out about becoming a member and the other benefits being a FAN member brings.

Click here to register. You will be asked to fill in venue information and confirm you agree to the terms and conditions for participation. Note – completing the registration form does not guarantee participation. After submitting the form, you will be contacted by the NLCD project team to confirm your place.

Registration is open for venues who wish to particpate. The official website will go live with venue listings around mid-June.

Ticket Subsidies

You will be reimbursed the regular price of your tickets. For example, if your normal adult ticket price is £5 and you have 100 attendees, you will be reimbursed £500.
There will be a maximum cap of £7.50 for the per-ticket subsidy to ensure as many venues as possible can take part. This means even if your ticket prices are above £7.50, you will only be
reimbursed the maximum ticket subsidy for each free ticket you issue on the day. For example if your normal ticket price is £9 and you have 100 attendees, you will be reimbursed £750.

For venues with fixed capacities, the number of free tickets available for each show will initially be set at 70% of the seating capacity for each screen. Venues are free to sell the remaining 30% of tickets as normal, although we suggest making it clear to customers that they may be able to claim a free ticket as part of NLCD. For venues or screens without fixed seating capacities, 100% of tickets can be subsidised (subject to each customer showing an eligible Lotto ticket).

NLCD should apply to all screens and all shows. This will make the offer at your venue simpler to communicate to your audiences, and prevent any confusion or dissatisfaction from some
screenings not being included. However, the final decision as to any exceptions rests with each venue. Should you wish to exclude any show from NLCD, you should exclude the show from the show details that are sent to the NLCD team. Camelot are not able to subsidise any free tickets for under-16s.

What venues can take part?

You need to either be a venue that regularly screens films to a paying audience, or an exhibitor that regularly uses a specific venue. You do not need to have been a recipient of National Lottery funding in any form to take part.

Contact

The Independent Cinema Office in its capacity as Film Hub South East will be the co-ordinating body on behalf of FAN and the central contact point for cinemas. All enquiries should be
addressed to the dedicated email cinemaday@independentcinemaoffice.org.uk

See full guide here.

 

Source: filmhubmidlands.org

 

For more industry information, visit our news page.

Or add us on InstagramTwitter or Facebook.

Leave a Reply