It is a joint initiative of the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) and the International Organization for Migration (IOM), with the support of a wide network of international partners.
PLURAL+ Youth Video Awards
PLURAL+ winners get a chance to come to New York all expenses paid and to present their work during the annual PLURAL+ Awards Ceremony in early November 2019, which is attended every year by a diverse, global audience (United Nations employees, media professionals, representatives of civil society organizations, academics, etc.). Also, PLURAL+ winning videos gain international exposure and PLURAL+ winners get networking opportunities. They will meet with industry professionals, peers, and organizations and explore opportunities for further distribution of their work.
- The PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival is open to young people of all nationalities with a keen interest in the pressing social issues of migration, diversity, social inclusion, and the prevention of xenophobia.
- Entrants to PLURAL+ must be at most 25 years old at the time of the production of their videos.
- PLURAL+ has three age categories:
- up to 12 years old
- 13 to 17 years old and
- 18 to 25 years old.
- The people appearing in the video do not have to be young, but the video needs to reflect the thoughts and opinions of the young filmmaker about migration, diversity, social inclusion, and xenophobia. Also, the person submitting the video (“the entrant”) must be actively involved in its making. This could be as a director, writer, camera person, editor, actor, coordinator, etc.
- Immediate family members of staff members of the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC), the International Organization for Migration (IOM) and members of the PLURAL+ International Jury are not eligible to enter the competition.
How to Apply
Plural+ Youth Video Festival applicants can apply online or find out more here.
For more industry opportunities, visit our news page.