The Grierson Trust are now seeking applications for is Grierson DocLab 2019. Applicants should be 18-25 years old with a passion for television and factual storytelling. They should have ideas to contribute to the industry and fresh perspectives not currently reflected on the screen.
The Grierson DocLab and Mentoring Scheme offers participants the support they need towards a successful career in factual programme making. This includes a residential training programme – the DocLab, access to award-winning industry professionals and structured mentoring support. It also includes the chance to attend the internationally recognized Sheffield Doc/Fest and a paid placement with a production company. The Trust will also provide ongoing support for participants, to help progress their career choice within the sector.
Grierson DocLab 2019 Training includes:
- An introduction to the genre covering different types of documentaries and styles of shooting.
- Learning how to research ideas, develop and pitch them.
- Script development focusing on structure and story.
- Exploring production roles and a practical exercise to experience the different positions.
- Information, advice and careers guidance.
Successful applicants will also benefit from a three-day self-shoot/editing training weekend.
Grierson DocLab 2019 Applicants must be:
- Aged between 18-25
- Available for the selection day in central Birmingham
- Able to attend all days of the Birmingham residential
- Present at the Sheffield Doc Festival
- Available to attend the Grierson Awards, 14 November, central London
To apply for a place on Grierson DocLab 2019 and Mentoring Scheme, see the Scheme Information, The applications form – [SurveyMonkey], and the Guidelines and FAQs. Please note this scheme is only open to UK residents.
Visit the Grierson DocLab alumni page to have a look at what the earlier Groerson DocLab trainees are doing now.
The closing date for Grierson DocLab 2019 applications is 5pm, Tuesday 15th March 2019.
For more industry opportunities, visit our news page.