BBC Doctors is seeking a script editor for its award winning daytime drama Doctors. The deadline is 15 January, 2019. As a BBC Doctors Script Editor you will ensure commissioned scripts are delivered to a standard and conform to the editorial brief, as well as providing advice on all script related matters associated with the production. You will act as a key point of contact between the writer and the production team, and manage and build the relationship. As well as coordinating script changes, you will generate creative story ideas and suggestions about specific episodes.
It is really important for the BBC Doctors Script Editor to have the required skills. This should include:
- Prior experience of script editing ideally on a TV drama series.
- Significant experience in generating creative ideas and treatments and experience of working with new and experienced writers under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Strong communication, negotiation, persuading skills and the ability to work within a team and on your own initiative.
- An understanding of the copyright law, Writers Guild agreements, contracts and the legal implications for production processes.
- An awareness of the financial consequences of editorial decisions.
- Thorough knowledge of script sources and the availability and potential of emerging talent.
- An enthusiasm and interest in BBC Scripted, especially Doctors.
The BBC is committed to equal opportunity and welcomes applications from everyone. Please read the BBC values and behaviours. You will be asked questions about this as part of your application for this role.
This is a one year fixed term contract/attachment. Interviews will be held on Monday 28 January, 2019.
Click here to find out more about the role of BBC Doctors Script Editor and to view additional documents.
For more industry events and opportunities, visit our news page.