The ScreenSkills Series Producer Programme, formerly the Creative Skillset Series Producer Programme, is designed for experienced and established producers/directors with at least three years’ experience at PD level across a range of programming or new series producers.
Applicants should have a strong track record in factual, features, factual entertainment, specialist factual, comedy entertainment or entertainment. Screenskills encourages applications from under-represented groups particularly those from BAME (black, Asian or minority ethnic) backgrounds or those with a disability.
What the ScreenSkills Series Producer Programme Offers:
- Unrivalled training delivered by industry experts (approx 14 days)
- Inspirational masterclasses with broadcasters
- Mentoring by commissioners
- Continuous one-to-one support, career advice and coaching
- Behind-the-scenes insights at broadcasters
- Money-can’t-buy networking
- Bespoke development
- Discounted entry to selected festivals and industry events
- A potent cohort of supportive colleagues
Training is likely to cover:
- Developing, pitching and producing hit innovative cross-platform content
- Building on people skills and increasing awareness of personal style and impact
- Storytelling and scripting
- Promoting diversity in programme-making and building diverse teams
- Setting a vision and leading creative teams with confidence
- Engaging with new audiences, new technologies and new platforms
- Legal and editorial compliance
- Negotiating and influencing people
- Dealing with a crisis and handling the media
- Presentation skills
- Maximising social media and digital to promote your brand
How to apply for the ScreenSkills Series Producer Programme
Visit ScreenSkills by clicking here, then click the ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page. You must be logged in to a ScreenSkills account for this to show – if you don’t have an account then register here. For more information, download the FAQs.
Applications close on January 8 2019 at 12pm – midday. Interviews take place in February 2019. All candidates called for interview will be informed of the results by the beginning of March.
For more industry opportunities, visit our news page.