Do you have an incredible short film idea? Make it happen and get it screened at the Roundhouse! The Roundhouse Trust are looking to support three emerging filmmakers to create new short films exploring social and political issues from their unique perspectives for The Last Word Festival 2019, a festival of spoken word, storytelling and live performance.
Application deadline: 9am, Wednesday 28 November
Your film should be about social or political issues from your perspective. It should reflect the time we are living in now and identify the issues which are most important to you. To be successful you will need to have a strong film idea and the skills and experience necessary need to make it – this is an independent study programme. We’re open to all genres of films, from narrative to animation, documentary to experimental, but the film must be under three minutes long.
From taking part, you will receive a £500 production budget for you to spend on making your film and a professional mentor with industry experience and connections, chosen to support your specific needs and ambitions.
There will also be additional support totalling £1300. This includes:
- Technical equipment – one day access to Roundhouse Studios’ filmmaking kit and resources (including cameras, lenses, lights, sliders and green screens)
- Two-three days of dedicated support from the Roundhouse Digital Productions Team throughout the filmmaking process.
- The chance to showcase your film at a public screening event during the Last Word festival.
- A free place on our upcoming spring Roundhouse Film Club sessions.
- Free Roundhouse Emerging Artist Membership valid for 12 months from registration
You will be paired with an industry professional mentor, who will be able to share their experience and advice, chosen to support your specific needs and ambitions. If you need help to pay for things like project fees, transport or childcare, Roundhouse can help.
Please click here to find out more about the project and how to apply.
Source: Screen Skills