Creative England is offering subsidised training for its intensive development programme for talented professionals from different parts of the film value chain. The Market Trader programme is for British producers and junior executives outside of London working in sales and distribution. The purpose of this programme is to equip participants with the knowledge and support they need to understand the film market better, to plan and target their approach and come away from international markets with the best possible results. Bringing together producers, distributors and sales agents at the earlier part of their career will also increase awareness of each other’s roles and help build stronger networks for the future.
Market Trader will be delivered through a combination of intensive workshops, mentoring, market attendance & networking with a specific focus on EFM/Berlinale 2019. The programme will consider and contrast differing needs and perspectives from filmmakers, buyers and sellers and hone skills in pitching, negotiating & closing deals.
Participants will receive guidance and training to:
- Improve their knowledge of international markets, how they differ, who attends what and why;
- Gain a clearer perspective on the context of UK film within domestic/international markets and a better sense of how and why this matters;
- Identify the most suitable market(s) for their own individual projects and film slates;
- Develop tools and strategies for successful market engagement;
- Improve their skills, knowledge and confidence in packaging, pitching, negotiating, selling, understanding and closing deals;
- Achieve effective follow-through and maximise the benefits of international relationships and opportunities.
Find out more about the programme and its guidelines here.
Source: Creative England