Open Entries For Craft & Design Awards 2009/2010
The Royal Television Society (RTS), Britain’s leading forum for television and related media, has launched the Craft & Design Awards 2009/2010.
The Awards recognise the huge variety of skills and processes involved in programme production, from costume design and digital effects to editing and lighting.
Nigel Pickard, Group Director, Family Entertainment and Drama at RDF Media Group, is chairing this year’s awards. The judging panels will be drawn from leading broadcasters including BBC, C4, Five, ITV, Sky and S4C.
The awards are designed to recognise the wealth of talent within the industry and the various categories highlight achievements from across the board.
Nigel Pickard, Chair of the RTS Craft & Design Awards, said: “We are lucky enough to have some of the world’s finest craft and design talent living and working in the UK. These awards recognise their dedication, innovation and skill, without which UK television would be lost.”
The award categories:
- Effects – recognises achievement in digital and special effects and picture enhancement.
- Makeup Design – recognises achievement in all areas of make up including hair styling and wigs in categories of drama and entertainment & non-drama productions.
- Costume Design – recognises achievement in drama and entertainment & non–drama productions.
- Graphic Design – recognises achievement in trails & packaging, programme content sequences and titles
- Production Design – recognises achievement in entertainment & non-drama productions and drama.
- Photography – recognises achievement in drama and documentary/factual & non-drama productions.
- Lighting and Multicamera – recognises achievement in lighting for multicamera and multicamera work.
- Sound – recognises achievement in entertainment & non-drama productions and drama.
- Tape and Film Editing – recognises achievement in drama, documentary/factual and entertainment & situation comedy. This award is designed to recognise skills in tape editing in multicamera studio/OB programming.
- Music – recognises achievement in original title music and original score. The titles or score must be specially commissioned for a specific programme.
Other awards given at the discretion of the jury chairs include:
- Design and Craft Innovation – recognises outstanding achievement from any area of programme making, demonstrating innovative use of technology or techniques.
- Judges’ Award – recognises outstanding achievement of creative craft and design within the criteria year.
- Lifetime Achievement Award – recognises outstanding achievement of creative craft or design.
All entries must have been first transmitted in the UK between 1 September 2009 and 31 August 2010. The fee per entry is £115.15 (Inc. VAT). The closing date for entries is Wednesday 1 September 2010. The Awards Dinner will be held on Wednesday 24 November 2010 at The Savoy, London.
For more details or to download an entry form, please visit www.rts.org.uk or call +44 (0) 20 7822 2810.